*NEWS* QUEENS TO HOLD VIRTUAL INTERFAITH VIGIL
Tuesday, April 21
(April 20, 2020 at 12:21pm)
QUEENS, NY – Acting Queens Borough President Sharon Lee, in partnership with faith leaders and elected officials, will hold a Queens Virtual Interfaith Vigil for the thousands of lives lost in the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic, and for the frontline and essential workers upon whom the borough relies.
The event will be held in conjunction with U.S. Representatives Gregory Meeks and Grace Meng, and co-hosted by New York State Attorney General Letitia James, New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz; New York State Senators Joseph Addabo Jr., Leroy Comrie, Michael Gianaris, John Liu, Jessica Ramos and Toby Ann Stavisky; New York State Assemblymembers Jeffrion Aubry, Edward Braunstein, Michael DenDekker, Andrew Hevesi, Alicia Hyndman, Michael Miller, Catherine Nolan, Stacey Pheffer Amato, Nily Rozic, Aravella Simotas, Clyde Vanel and David Weprin; and New York City Councilmembers Adrienne Adams, Costa Constantinides, Daniel Dromm, Barry Grodenchik, Robert Holden, Karen Koslowitz, Rory Lancman, I. Daneek Miller, Francisco Moya, Donovan Richards, Paul Vallone and Jimmy Van Bramer.
Confirmed faith leaders scheduled to speak include:
- Imam Shamsi Ali of the Jamaica Muslim Center
- Reverend Dr. John Boyd, II of New Greater Bethel Ministries
- Father Joseph Fonti of The Church of St. Mel
- Pastor Ben Hur of Promise Church
- Dr. Neeta Jain of International Ahimsa Foundation, Inc.
- Rabbi Mark Kaiserman of The Reform Temple of Forest Hills
- Gurdev Singh Kang of the Sikh Cultural Society
- Father Mike Lopez of All Saints Priory Missionary Benedictines of the Poor
- Rabbi Yossi Mendelsohn of Congregation Machane Chodosh
- Dr. Uma Mysorekar of the Hindu Temple Society of North America
- Venerable Youwang Shih of the International Buddhist Progress Society
The Queens Virtual Interfaith Vigil will be livestreamed at www.queensbp.org/interfaithvigil on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, beginning at 5 p.m. To RSVP, please visit www.queensbp.org/rsvp or call 718-286-2661.
***PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR COMMUNITY CALENDAR***
WHAT: Queens Virtual Interfaith Vigil
WHEN: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 5:00 PM
WHERE: Live stream at www.queensbp.org/interfaithvigil
RSVP via www.queensbp.org/RSVP or by calling 718-286-2661.
Follow the Office of the Queens Borough President via @QueensBP2020 on Twitter and Facebook